Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Book Meme

I've been tagged by Lee at My 5 Wolf Cubs to participate in a book Meme.*

Here are the rules:

Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people!

The book closest to me right now is Daughter of Destiny, the autobiography of Benazir Bhutto. Here are the 3 sentences:
"I am having more difficulty with (that philosophical principal) as the empty hours of
detention drag on. I think even when I don't want to, but as the days
slowly pass, I am not sure whether I exist at all. To truly exist, a
person must effect something, act and cause a reaction."
I'll make a post on this book when I finish it, but it will probably be quite some time. I started reading it just a couple of nights ago, and I am moving very slowly, mainly due to sentences like the ones above where I have to stop, reread, and think. Then reread and think again.

Here's who I'm tagging:

Lorna at Socks and Books
Joanna at Thus Far Has The Lord Helped Us
Kelli at New Mercies Every Day
Jean at Shades of White


Let me know if you play!


*Until just a few weeks ago, I had never heard the term meme. So I looked it up in my trusty online dictionary (dictionary.com) because I couldn't find it in my hardback one. Here's the definition: a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes. Ahhh, I see the blogging world is perpetuating a whole new set of terms for everyday life.

3 comments:

  1. I'll play!

    I miss you my friend!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post mine in the next day or so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop, read, think: That would make a good life motto! :)
    " To truly exist, a person must effect something, act and cause a reaction." That is worth thinking about.

    Glad you played! And thanks for sharing the definition of a meme!

    ReplyDelete