Monday, February 11, 2008

Dead Cattle

Human lives weren't the only casualties from the tornadoes that swept through several southern states on February 5.

You might want to skip this blog entry if the sight of dead animals grosses you out.

One of my sister's and BIL's neighbors is a cattle farmer. He lost about 300 cattle in the tornado that went through their properties.


This cow was lying outside the fence beside the highway. Don't worry, I didn't actually walk up beside it. My mom took this shot out the window from the passenger side of my van. As we were pulled over on the side of the road, I could see a front end loader driving along the shoulder behind us. As we turned around in the van, he scooped up the cow . . .



. . . for deposit in this pile of other dead cows (right in the center of the picture).



The cattle were later buried in one of these holes dug on his property.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All that lost income. It's hard to fathom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jackie... Praise God you family is safe... Im sorry for any loss of life... but I prefer animals to humans!

    I just asked for an update on your WW... I should have just scrolled down! lol

    (((Big hug)))

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete